Reset, drama and updates! [Blog #5]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WelshAlex, Jun 25, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. WelshAlex

WelshAlex I use this to procrastinate real life
    Manager

WelshAlex
    It's been a minute since one of these were posted huh! A lot has happened since we posted the previous one, so let's get right into it.

Reset

As you all know we reset factions on the 17th and it went really well! Hopefully you're all enjoying it so far, Jack and Joe spent ages on spawn and I think it's the best one yet.
    Spawners are back! Hope you're all enjoying that, and we start selling them at /warp shop on the 1st July - so save your money for some IGs :)
    Other than that, we've made some changes to /warp end and you can now jump down through a few of the obsidian towers to a huge, flat surface, perfect for 1v1's or huge faction battles! That's about it for factions, hope you're enjoying and if you've got any comments feel free to shove them below.

Staff drama

Ahhhh there needs to be some doesn't there, is it really a Minecraft server if there's no petty drama?
    Anyway, I don't want to spend too much time on this, this is just for those who don't frequently visit the forums so don't know what happened.
    Basically, we caught 2 mods abusing their permissions 2 days apart: JustLiv and Nooraaa, both were demoted and permanently banned. This caused quite the storm, with some people being really mad they were punished.
    We absolutely don't demote people lightly as has been suggested - in fact, in Skycade's nearly 2 years of existing, we've only demoted 4 people for abuse. We give significant leeway in terms of activity, decision making and mistakes unlike many servers. However, there is a line that cannot be crossed, and these 2 people did.
    In a few discussions on the forums the notion that players had a right to decide staff related matters or to demand evidence was pushed. Let me be absolutely clear, the Skycade staff team is accountable to Joe and Jack, not the community. You as a player do not get to decide who becomes staff or who is removed from staff, and you do not get to demand reasons and proof when it happens. Skycade and the staff team provide a service to players - a free service - and ultimately decisions are made by the core team.
    I don't mean to say that we don't listen to players, we do. But when it comes to staff matters, they're for staff to decide.

Updates

Well there has been a whole lot of updates since the last staff blog was posted, here's a list of the important ones!
    - On factions we've added a supply drop plugin. At the moment we're still testing it with the players, but it should be fully functioning within the next fortnight!
    Basically the supply drop is a neat little event that will be held twice a week on factions, where announcements will be made leading up to the drop telling players how long until the supply drop happens. When the time comes, the coordinates will be posted in chat and on your screen for everyone to see! The supply drop is locked for 10 minutes, and this gives players time to run to the coords! After 10 minutes, the chests unlock and can be looted for lots of OP gear. PvP is enabled at the supply drop so it's sometimes a battle for the gear!
    Here's a quick list from Dwayne:
    - Added several words to the swear filter
    - New Tablist Header and Footer styling
    - New Serverlist Icon

*KitPVP*
    - We found a memory leak that caused a lot of downtime, this has temporarily been fixed with an increase of memory allocation and restarts every 2 hours.
    *Factions*
    - Disabled Fishingrod knockback
    - Fixed barrier block borders
    - Fixed Supplydrop placement
    - Disabled Bedrock from breaking at Y 0 level in the nether and overworld
    - Some fixes for wrong reward names in crates
    - Shop improvements
    *Skyblock*
    - Disable /is and /island in combat
    - Stop holograms from dissapearing
    - Vindicator spawners aren't black anymore
    - Fixed some wrong defined names for bought items

Staff promotions

Baja, Wolfei_, Sourciety, Flacoo, abc123411, iispace, FearlessAsian were promoted to mod and RagingRian is now helper!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some staff have asked me to mention that they've seen an increase in hackusating, and wanted me to remind you all that it is against the rules - if you think someone is hacking please tell a staff over message or record them and make a report on the forums.

Just a few things to end! Yesterday was @Jack's birthday, go wish him a happy birthday - to celebrate there's a 40% off coupon code until midnight tomorrow, use code PRESENT4JACK to get the % off :)!
    We've also updated the look of our forums, twitter and multiplayer logo! Thanks to @NovaHunterMC for the new logo!

That's all for this blog, hope you feel adequately informed!

2. Will

Will Well Known Forums Member

Oooo a new post

3. Wyliecoyote30!

Wyliecoyote30! Well Known Forums Member

4. Soyan

Soyan Member

5. SavagePancakez

6. Riccardo Bello

Riccardo Bello Appreciated Forums Member
    Developer

7. NightsCloud

NightsCloud "Retired for attention"

NightsCloud
    Uno?

8. ItzTarek_

ItzTarek_ Well Known Forums Member

VapeUserGenjii
    unmute me

Wyliecoyote30! likes this.
  9. Trendiq

Trendiq Member

10. getbooped

getbooped Well Known Forums Member

I was wondering what had happened to the staff blogs...

Trendiq likes this.
  11. The Doctor

The Doctor Member

Aw man, we are low on helpers again!

12. MaxTNT

MaxTNT Well Known Forums Member

TwoThreeFourO
  13. .Pryze

.Pryze New Member

#RipNooraaa #RipJustLiv

foreveralessio likes this.
  14. The Doctor

The Doctor Member

#no #Stop

15. Randomb

Randomb Member

Amazing changes. Keep up the good work!

Titopolly likes this.
  16. Holly

Holly Staff Manager
    Manager

Great post though Alex, hope you all find this relevant and informative.

17. MaxTNT

TwoThreeFourO
    lol

Wyliecoyote30! likes this.
  18. MoldyEli

MoldyEli New Member

Another great update newsletter Alex! I really like these newsletters! I hope everything with the staff team is ok after the drama lol.... but I'm really excited to see what skycade has in it's future!

WelshAlex likes this.
  19. NovaMC

NovaMC subscribe to novamc

NovaMC
    #Nova4WebDesignTeam

20. MaxTNT

TwoThreeFourO
    #Nova4Admin