EvoPvP, Skyblock and staff team updates [Blog #3]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WelshAlex, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WelshAlex

WelshAlex I use this to procrastinate real life
    Manager

WelshAlex
    Soooooooooo it has been a busy few weeks hasn't it... Suppose we should jump in at the beginning and work forward! All staff blogs will be posted in announcements from now on btw!

EvoPvP

EvoPvP was Jack's first experience at owning a server, it's where I met Jack, Joe and Dwayne. Evo was a factions server that later developed into a network - originally owned by Jack, NoBoom and a manager called Macreddin - later MCFinest came on board. I won't go through the whole history of Evo, but things started to go downhill and eventually MCFinest Max was the only remaining owner. The server has been very unpopular for over a year now (it used to get 700+ players daily), and Jack had tried buying it many times. Last week, after a deal with a YouTuber fell through because of Max's inability to function as a human being, Evo was griefed by its staff and shut down. The Developer there was nice enough to give us their Skyblock gamemode, and that is why we now have Skyblock.

Skyblock

Skyblock has proved to be very popular so far! It was Evo's most popular gamemode for the last few months and was actually very well made, so after receiving the files we only needed to make a few tweaks and it was ready to launch. So far we're beyond happy with the playercount & response to it, it's more popular than Factions at the moment! We'll be releasing a warp tutorial and a gamemode specific set of rules soon so keep your eye out! If you have any suggestions related to Skyblock please put them below and I'll try to respond accordingly.

Erm... issues.

Yes yes, Skycade was griefed by some randy online. We did however have it under control and completely fixed within about 20 minutes, which is a bloody good response time if you ask me! We're still working on Aftermath so it'll be under maintenance for a bit, but we fixed Factions sharpish!

Staff promotions & demotions

It has been a busy few days in terms of staff changes!
    We've added plenty of new helpers in the past few weeks, I don't have the list to hand but I'm sure you'll see them in game!
    Demotions on the other hand... we had quite the cull yesterday. Here on Skycade we don't often demote staff, and we try to ensure staff are mentored and offered all the help we can give so that they know what they're doing and we also try to make sure we make it so staff are still able to enjoy themselves. Because of this we're quite lenient compared to other servers in terms of staff, we give significant leeway in decision making and we're considerate when it comes to mistakes.
    But of course, there needs to be a line. Some things cross the line, and we've unfortunately had to get rid of a few staff this week for reasons including from inactivity, abuse, public image and staff cohesion.
    The following staff are no longer on the staff team:
    Mister_Raven
    McSlushie
    MrCheekyWhiskers
    DeathlyNight99

As always staff applications are OPEN. If you're interested in applying head to this URL: https://xxroltsxxx.typeform.com/to/yP2Ibx Thanks!

That concludes the 3rd staff blog, hope it was as conclusive and informative as you wanted it to be!

#1 WelshAlex, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Magma

Magma Well Known Forums Member

more juice pls

Shan, Crazycake7, Squid and 1 other person like this.
  3. DanPryze

DanPryze Member

Lots Of New Staff!

Squid likes this.
  4. DanPryze

DanPryze Member

Shame im not one :/

Squid likes this.
  5. PickleZ

PickleZ I ban hackers

PickleZ
    Thanks for the update Alex!

Sad to hear about the staff members, hopefully, we get some more good ones!

Edit: It would be cool if there was an area or place to recommend things to go over on these blogs. Maybe a DM or other private message?

Crazycake7, Squid and xXBRoxAtMCXx like this.
  6. Le_Sloth

Le_Sloth Member

Interesting... Thanks for the update, Alex.

7. WelshAlex

Manager

WelshAlex
    You can just list what you want to hear here!

8. nicolas

nicolas Appreciated Forums Member

i love this staff blog you realy know how to run this servere/forums!!

9. FreddyG

FreddyG Well Known Forums Member

Finally... and I was right about that scum bag raven and gg on that demote mcslushie, u deserved it you xraying scum :)

Crazycake7 and Squid like this.
  10. FreddyG

Also may i know the exact reason to way raven was demoted please @WelshAlex

11. WelshAlex

Manager

WelshAlex
    He leaked one of our staff meetings online and generally just wasn't working well with the team.

12. Profectionz

Profectionz Appreciated Forums Member

Great Blog, I enjoyed it and appreciate the effort you put into it.

For suggestions I'm not sure about this idea but on another server I used to play on, I did monthly Newsletters, these newsletters included Staff promotions/demotions, new updates that happened during the last month, updates on the rules, maybe if it's possible the quote/meme of the month, other important events that happened and worth mentioning. Another special touch that players enjoyed is that these newsletters had Gifs, so if there was new updates, they could be shown using gifs, for example Gyazo gifs, like this:

(It usually displays and show the gifs but I think its disabled on this forums so I can't do it, I usually just drag it and drop it in here)

https://gyazo.com/23f3f8828493dd68ad31bbc2af274007 (New Skyblock server)
    https://gyazo.com/31d426b9514522da632cfc5edcb5e27b (New command /fly)

Not sure what could be used from this idea but maybe add more parts or sections into these blogs using some ideas I mentioned from the Newsletter or creating an actual monthly Newsletter.

13. FreddyG

ok, i literally just found out but thanks.

14. Irson

Irson Well Known Forums Member

Dapetsta likes this.
  15. Profectionz

Profectionz Appreciated Forums Member

Like the meme/quote of the month that happened on one of these Skycade platforms server/forums/teamspeak xD

16. RandomHuman

RandomHuman New Member

Bro are you serious?! I literally worked well with all of them! You on the other hand, were the one that nobody liked working with. Nobody on the staff team disliked me all too much. If you're going on about that "argument" that Nooraaa and I had, people get into arguments every once and a while, it's normal. Please list the people that i didn't work well with.

How many times do I have to say it was an honest mistake?! Everybody makes mistakes and this one was rather harmless. We literally went over bugs that were fixed. Nothing that was too deep like the things that not even I am supposed to know about (Lucky I haven't leaked it yet) It was literally the staff meeting that dwayne talked about the success of skyblock and some bugs that were fixed.

Have a nice day, humans

17. Irson

Irson Well Known Forums Member

I mean when you hackusated literally everyone, pretty annoying
    Helpers should know what they're doing

FearlessAsian likes this.
  18. FreddyG

Hello raven lol

19. nicolas

nicolas Appreciated Forums Member

just a totally random and out of content quistion..
    were did he leak it? xD

20. Jack

Jack Owner // Youtuber
    Youtuber

Cracking post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.